Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron


My 9-year-old received A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron last year for Christmas. It took her a while to get around to it, but as soon as she finished she insisted that I read it. She is a huge dog lover and this was JUST the book for her. Perhaps you've seen the movie trailer? The film version is set to release January 17th and we will absolutely be there to see it.

It is hard to describe this book without telling too much of the story, but seeing as how the film trailer gives so much away, I don't feel badly about telling you a bit. This book follows the lives of one dog, reborn into many different dog lives. First he is Toby, then he is Bailey, then a few more, but I won't tell you too much about it. Throughout the book, this dog tries so hard to understand his purpose in life and each time he thinks he has found it.

My purpose, my whole life, had been to love him and be with him, to make him happy.

If you are a dog lover, or even if you just like them from a distance, you should really read this book. I hope the movie does it justice.

No comments: