Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen


The book club selection for April is The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.  I love Ms. Allen's books, Garden Spells being my favorite.  I love the magic; I love the whimsy; I love all the food. 

In this book, Willa Jackson is just trying to live a normal, quiet life.  Do those exist in SAA novels?  I'm pretty sure they don't.  Willa, the former high school Joker, is thrown together with Paxton, the former high school princess.  Paxton is struggling to maintain her social status while also searching for a way out.  The two women are both pulled into a mystery that began with their grandmothers were friends as young women. 

I really liked this book, but it felt incomplete to me.  Several things began in the book that didn't quite seem to resolve.  Maybe that is just be wanting more, but I was slightly disappointed.  It was a fun book and I read it very quickly, I just wanted more.  And I totally off base here?  Did you read it and love it?  I'd love to hear what you thought.

No comments: