Friday, March 9, 2012

The Host by Stephenie Meyer


Have I mentioned that I live in Southern Arizona?  Well I do and not far from where we live is Picacho Peak.  Several years ago when I first read The Host by Stephenie Meyer I was thrilled to learn it was set in the desert surrounding Picacho Peak, midway between Phoenix and Tucson.  It is always fun to read a book and be able to say, "Hey!  I know where that is!"   My husband and I have always wanted to hike Picacho Peak and we finally did a couple of weeks ago.  It was a tough hike, but it was also really fun.  Of course that meant I also needed to reread The Host

I love this book.  It's fun.  It's exciting.  There is a little romance and a lot of adventure.  For people who turn their noses up at the name Stephenie Meyer, let me assure you this is not "Twilight with aliens" as some people have said, at least not in my opinion.  The romance is certainly secondary to the struggles of the various characters.  I have never been a big sci-fi reader, but I really enjoyed this one. 

I can say very little about this book without saying too much.  What I can say is that you should read it.  Read it and enjoy.  The film version is being released March 29th, 2013.  Please let it be a good one and let the countdown begin!

No comments: