Monday, August 15, 2011

The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini


Seventh in the Elm Creek Quilts series, The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini is not about a blanket you take with you to summer camp.  I know I've mentioned at least six previous times how much I adore this series, but I just must say it again.  I LOVE these books.  There are so many good books out there and many that are just okay.  Not all books are worth our time, frankly, but these truly are. 

This latest installment travels back to the years just prior to the Civil War.  Dorothea Granger, raised by abolitionist parents, becomes part of the Underground Railroad.  My knowledge about the Underground Railroad is sadly limited, but from this book I learned quite a bit and I'm inspired to learn more.  You know how I feel about historical fiction (LOOOOVE IT!) and this certainly did not disappoint. 

No comments: