Monday, January 6, 2020

2019- Year in Review


2019 was a great year for reading for me. I set a goal to finish 40 books and somehow made it to 52! Here is the list in the order I read them:

1. No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
3. Cress by Marissa Meyer
4. Fairest by Marissa Meyer
5. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
6. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
7. Winter by Marissa Meyer
8. The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
9. Believe Me by J.P. Delaney
10. Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg
11. You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
12. The Library Book by Susan Orlean
13. Dear Fahrenheit 451 by Annie Spence
14. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
15. Sycamore by Bryn Chancellor
16. I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon
17. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
18. Educated by Tara Westover
19. The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen
20. You are a Badass Every Day by Jen Sincero
21. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
22. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
23. Blasphemy by Douglas Preston
24. The Optimist's Guide to Letting Go by Amy E. Reichert
25. Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
26. Utopia for Realists by Rutger Bregman
27. The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert
28. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
29. How to Talk so Teens will Listen and Listen so Teens Will Talk by Adele Faber
30. Becoming by Michelle Obama
31. An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
32. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
33. The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
34. The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
35. The F*ck It Diet by Caroline Dooner
36. Molly's Game by Molly Bloom
37. It All Comes Back to You by Beth Duke
38. Impostors by Scott Westerfeld
39. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
40. Before and Again by Barbara Delinsky
41. The Price of Time by Tim Tigner
42. The Dinner List by Rebecca Serle
43. The Survivor's Guide to Family Happiness by Maddie Dawson
44. The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams
45. This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
46. The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
47. The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
48. How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
49. Watching You by Lisa Jewell
50. Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
51. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
52. The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell

Every year when I write this "In Review" post I am reminded why I keep this blog. It began as a way to keep up with and remember what I had read. If it also provides a list of suggestions for you, SmartGirl, then all the better. As I write these all in one place, I frequently say to myself, "Oh! I had forgotten that one!" or "Oh! That was this year? It seems longer ago than that." and often "Awww...I loved that one!"

I read a lot of really good books this year and it is always hard to pick a favorite, but I think the best book I read in 2019 was This Is How it Always Is by Laurie Frankel.

Also in the sure-to-be-oft-recommended category:
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Educated by Tara Westover
and I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon

There are so many good books out there to read and I hope this list helps you add to your TBR list.
Happy reading and Happy New Year!






No comments: