Tuesday, January 28, 2020

What I've Seen- Little Women


I mentioned to someone a few weeks before the new Little Women was released in theaters that I was excited to see it. Their response: No, there have been too many. I don't want to see it. But the reviews I kept hearing were raving and the cast is fantastic and I really wanted to see it. So I did.
And it was fantastic!

Saoirse Ronan as Jo was perfection! Emma Watson as Meg was so sweet. Laura Dern was a surprisingly good Marmee and Meryl Streep surprises no one with her wonderfully cantankerous Aunt March. I wasn't previously familiar with Florence Pugh or Eliza Scanlen, the actors who play Amy and Beth, but they more than met the high expectations I had for the film portrayal of this classic novel. Told in alternating timelines, the story was a little difficult to follow for my twelve-year-old who hasn't yet read the book, but it wasn't impossible. I loved this movie and I was thrilled that it was so well done. I haven't read the book for nearly twenty years, but this makes me want to add it back on to my list.



No comments: