Sunday, March 29, 2020

What I've Heard- Station Eleven



I read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel nearly four years ago and I loved it! A flu pandemic has swept the planet leaving more that 99% of people dead. People panic, the economy and infrastructure collapse, there is almost nothing of civilization left. And I had the thought- what better time to revisit this great read than during the Covid-19 Pandemic?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Actually, this book is very good and, as I said in my review of the print book, one of my favorite aspects is that it mostly focuses on the time long after the flu has remade the humanity. This book is so much more character driven that one might expect and I really enjoyed getting to know each of them.

If you are really worried right not, maybe wait a little while. Or if you are one of those both-feet-in, theatre-of-the-macabre kind of people, this is the perfect book for you! 

No comments: