Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where She Went


Have you read If I Stay by Gayle Forman yet?  Oh you really should read that book!  It's considered Young Adult fiction, but I really enjoyed it.  Of course, you know I don't mind reading YA.  With this book I would give the warning that you might like to preview this before letting your young teenager read it.  I would say it probably falls somewhere between PG and PG-13, but that is only my assessment. 

Well, Where She Went is the sequel to If I Stay.  And it did not disappoint.  Weeks ago I put my name on the reserve list at the library and waited and waited for it to be my turn.  Finally I was able to pick it up yesterday.  I started reading yesterday afternoon and finished today.  It was that good.  I felt like I was tearing through it trying to find out where the heck she went. 

This was a rather angsty story and if you've read If I Stay you won't be surprised by that.  While If I Stay was written from Mia's perspective, Where She Went was written in Adam's voice.  I very much appreciated the added dimension.  I wish I could say more, but I'd rather you just read it and tell me what you think.  I loved it!

No comments: