Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What I've Heard- The Passenger


Two mystery audiobooks in a row and I'm starting to feel a bit paranoid around the people I see everyday. I just finished The Passenger by Lisa Lutz and I can feel the trust issues creeping up on me. When I first started listening to this audio version, I was a little disappointed with the narration. It seemed flat and impersonal to me, but as I listened I realized it was perfect for the character. Our main character, whose name we don't really know because she keeps changing it, wants to be seen as flat and impersonal. She wants to be forgettable. She makes bad choices and I feel like she makes a lot of mistakes while she's on the run, but it's really fun to ride along in her getaway car with her.
And I think I've picked up a few tips if I ever need to make a run for it.
See... paranoid.


No comments: