Saturday, August 15, 2020

What I've Heard- How to Walk Away





When I read Katherine Center's How to Walk Away, I gushed about how much I loved it and how great it was. I have just finished listening to the audio version and it may be that either the book was exactly what I needed back in the fall of 2019 or it was not the book I needed to listen to now. The story is still cute and there are still fun characters, but there were also characters that annoyed me far more than I remember from when I read it. I almost couldn't get through the first scene that leads to the main character, Margaret's accident because her boyfriend was making me so angry. Of course, I knew what was coming this time so that may have also contributed to my frustration. 

This book is still cute, but I'm afraid that's all it is. If you're looking for a sweet romance, an easy read, and an inspiration story about a woman fighting for her own recovery I think you'll like this one. Fluff has its own value, I try never to knock it, but fluff is what this is.

Narrator is kind of annoying.