Monday, February 24, 2020

What I've Heard- The Silent Patient


After reading The Silent Patient  a year ago, I knew I would want to revisit the story and see how all those twists and turns happened. Listening to the audiobook was a great way to do that! Narrated by two voices, Jack Hawkins as Theo and Louise Brealey as Alicia, the listener is kept captive by the back and forth of the perspectives. The voicing of Alicia was so familiar that it was driving me a little crazy. I knew it was a voice I had heard on another audiobook. I knew it was the voice of someone a little unstable, but who was it? It was really bugging me so I search through Audible and discovered Brealey also narrated The Girl on the Train. You would think the familiar sensation would have jogged my memory as I had something so similar listening to that audiobook as well- Brealey is the actress who plays Molly Hooper on Sherlock. She has such a great voice for audiobooks and hopefully I will remember the next time I come across it and not drive myself mad again. 

This was a wonderful audiobook. It would be exactly the perfect thing for a road trip where you want to stay entertained, but not too relaxed. This storyline is fast and exciting and will keep your attention through the long hours on the highway. You may even find yourself reluctant to stop just to find out what will happen next. I listened to it while working around the house and painting a guest room and it kept me plenty distracted from the chores. I didn't mind the time spent because I was so engrossed in the story.

No comments: