Thursday, June 20, 2019

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen


When I saw that Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen, the authors behind The Wife Between Us, had released a new book, I was anxious to get my hands on it. An Anonymous Girl begins with Jess, a makeup artist struggling to make ends meet in New York City. When a pampered client blithely mentions a psychological study that pays big bucks, Jess finds away to sneak in to the study. It is during this study that she meets Dr. Shields who then offers her the opportunity to extend the study for even greater compensation. Jess is enthusiastic at first, but when things stop adding up she becomes worried. Is she just paranoid or is something really as wrong as it feels?

Just like with The Wife Between Us, I could not put this book down. I didn't have nearly the reading time I would have liked and I was always regretful every time I had to put it away to do something else. Last night I stayed up well past my bed time just to finish and find out what would happen. Jess is kind of a mess with regrets that go back more than a decade, but Dr. Shields seems to want to help. It isn't long before Jess realizes everything isn't as it seems and that's when it gets really interesting.

This book is the perfect summer read- the chapters are short and quick and the plot is fast moving.
I think you'll really like it.

No comments: