Tuesday, May 15, 2018

What I've Heard- Every Last Word


Sometimes an audiobook will make a book I've read so much better. The Harry Potter books, for instance, are wonderful, but with Jim Dale reading them they become absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately that was not the case with Tamara Ireland Stone's Every Last Word. I really liked the book when I read it, but the narrator, Amy Rubinate, really did it a disservice. Her narration was flat and unfeeling without the emotion needed for such an emotional book. Much of it, I would say, even sounded almost robotic. Think I'm exaggerating? Here, try this sample:


Usually I am happy to send people to either the written book or to the audiobook, but in this case I feel obligated to warn you off of the audio version. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish it, but mostly because I really wanted to remember how the book went, but it was bad enough that I was worried my face would cramp up with all the cringing. Please, just read the book.

No comments: