Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 Year in Review


It is so hard for me to believe that 2017 is over! Where did the time go??
Here is a list of all the books I read in 2017:

1. A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
2. The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
3. Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
5. My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson
6. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
7. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
8. The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsay Lee Johnson
9. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
10. The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman
11. The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
12. My Name's Lyman by Lily-Marie Taylor
13. The Last One by Alexandra Oliva
14. The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney
15. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
16. The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
17. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
18. The Circle by Dave Eggers
19. The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond
20. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
21. All the Best People by Sonja Yoerg
22. Sisters One, Two, Three by Nancy Star
23. the perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
24. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
25. The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland by Rebekah Crane
26. The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
27. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick
28. Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
29. Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown
30. Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
31. Girling Up by Mayim Bialik, PhD
32. What Was Mine by Helen Kline Ross
33. Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin
34. Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
35. The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
36. Something Like Happy by Eva Woods
37. The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittal
38. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
39. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
40. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaria
41. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
42. Eligible by Curtis Settinfeld
43. Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
44. La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman
45. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham
46. Artemis by Andy Weir

WOW! Forty-six books isn't bad at all. It's funny how over the course of a year you can forget what you've read. Honestly, that's the whole reason I started this blog in the first place. I could never remember all these if I didn't have somewhere to write them down. And some of those books from the beginning of the year feel so long ago! I guess this year really was longer than I remembered.

I think my top three most recommended books were probably:
and

There were a few in there that I didn't care for, but all in all I would say it was a good reading year. How was 2017 for you? Any reading goals for 2018? Are there any books in particular to which you are looking forward to reading? I have a huge stack of books on my bedside table and so many waiting on my Kindle that if I didn't get anything new all year, I don't think I'd run out of reading material. Here's to hoping we all make a little progress through our TBR piles. And to lots of new releases that keep us adding to that infinite stack!

Happy New Year, SmartGirls!

No comments: