Wednesday, April 12, 2017

What I've Seen- An Introduction


"Oh, but the book was so much better!"

How many times have we seen the film adaptation of a beloved book and uttered those exact words? Far too many to count, right? But time after time, we get excited when we see that "they" are making a movie or a mini-series based on our favorite books. We fantasize about which actors will play which characters. We wonder how they will fit in the whole story or what they'll have to cut. Sometimes they do a really good job and sometimes we are  heartbroken with disappointment. For the most part, I try to keep my expectations low and then I'm usually pleasantly surprised, or at least not as dissatisfied.

With this new addition to SmartGirlsRead, I hope to discuss what it is that we like and really don't like about film adaptations. Join me! A dialogue is always much more fun than a monologue.

No comments: