Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau

 
The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau is the third Book of Ember.  This installment is a prequel to The City of Ember.  When I read that, I thought it had a lot of potential.  I was sadly disappointed.  What is essentially wrapped up in the last chapter of this book provides all the information the reader is hoping to find.  The previous 281 pages were mostly a waste of time.  The point never seemed to be reached, the characters didn't seem to have much significance.  I kept reading hoping it would all fall together somehow, but really it all seemed like filler.  The final book rejoins Lina and Doon so I am looking forward to reading the resolution to this series.  If anyone were to ask me, I would say you could safely skip this one.  I hate to say that about a book when I am enjoying the series, but I feel like I owe it to you.

No comments: