Friday, January 11, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

 
Okay, so it took me about a week to read Divergent by Veronica Roth.  As soon as I was finished, I started Insurgent , the second book in the Divergent  series.  Yeah, book two took me two and a half days.  It looks like my slow reading trend has come to an end.  I will admit that when I started Divergent that I felt it was a little weak at the beginning.  As the story progressed, it picked up speed and my interest increased.  With Insurgent , the story was more like a train speeding down a track.  I was racing along to see what would happen next.  I had a few late nights, but I just couldn't put down this book.  Even when I did put it down, it followed me into my dreams.  It is that kind of book.
 
In Insurgent , a war has begun and Beatrice, Tris, must decide on which side she stands.  As someone tells her, "Insurgent.  Noun.  A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as belligerent."  But who is the established authority?  Whom does she oppose? As the cover states, "One choice can destroy you."
 
I really wish I could tell you more, but that would just be wrong of me.  Just yesterday, I bought the first book in this series for a friend.  I hope she likes it.  The worst part for me is waiting for the third book to be released sometime this fall.  It is still in the drafting phase and doesn't yet have a name, though the author has jokingly called it "Detergent."  Actually the author seems pretty great.  Check out her blog here.  She seems funny and gives interesting writing advice for aspiring authors. 
 
I guess I had better distract myself with some other reading in the mean time. 
 
Only nine or ten months to wait...

No comments: