Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares


Did you read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants  series by Ann Brashares?  If you haven't read them, I recommend you add them to your list.  Yes, they are another YA series, but these are fun and light and would make excellent summer reading or they would be a great choice for those of you who have recently finished the Hunger Games series and are needing a lift out of the darkness.  Once you've read the first four, please go out and pick up Sisterhood Everlasting .  This book picks up then years after the end of the Sisterhood series.  All four friends have their own grown up lives, but they aren't all sure what to do with them. 

One friend lives in Rhode Island, one in New York, one in San Francisco and one in Australia.  The distance between them becomes too much and one friend decides it is time for a reunion.  This reunion will change all of their lives and not in any way you might expect.  There are so many wonderful parts of this book that I would really love to share with you, but I am afraid it would really ruin it for you.  I don't like spoilers, though sometimes they are necessary, but with this book I just can't do it.  I really want you to read it and discover the story bit by bit like I did. 

I will leave you with one little nugget that I think is good advice for us all:

"You get older and you learn there is one sentence, just four words long, and if you can say it to yourself it offers more comfort than almost any other.  It goes like this....  Ready?"

"Ready."

"'At least I tried.'"

No comments: