Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Quilter's Apprentice

Have I mentioned before how much I love our town's library?  Well, I really, really do.  And one of the things I really love about it is the library's semi-annual book sales.  A few times a year, our library has a HUGE sale.  People donate books and the library clears from it's shelves books that haven't been borrowed for a while or are damaged.  Most of the books cost three or four dollars and some of the children's books are as low as fifty cents!  It is a book lover's dream!  At a recent book sale, I picked up this gem:

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini.  It is a fun, somewhat fluffy little book about a woman who moves to a new town and becomes friends with an elderly quilt superstar.  I wouldn't say that the writing is the very best, but it was still fun to read.  I also discovered that it is part of a series, so I have the next one reserved at the library.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  I made one quilt years ago for a friend's baby and it was adorable!  I am currently working on a dinosaur quilt for my son who will probably be too old for dinosaurs by the time I finish it.  Then I will move on to the angel quilt that I started for my daughter.  Reading this book makes me want to create something really beautiful. 

No comments: