Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

This summer we had the incredible experience of spending 3 months in the south of France.  It was great and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.  Unfortunately for me, we left the same day that "Twilight: Eclipse" was released in the theaters.  I really wanted to see it, but since I knew I would have to wait,  I also waited on reading this book:


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer is a short "novella" written from the perspective of Bree, one of the newborn vampires.  I had heard it would give extra insight into those newborn vampires that make such a big appearance in "Eclipse" and I thought it would be good to read just before seeing the film.  Well, since I had to wait to see the film, I waited to read the book. 

It's very short- like the author says, "a novella"-  and it gives a look into the newborn life.  I enjoyed it.  I think it makes a nice companion to the original Twilight books.  And I love that Meyer donated $1 from the sale of each book to the American Red Cross.  A win for everyone. 

No comments: