Saturday, June 5, 2021

What I've Heard- Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?


I really enjoyed reading Caitlin Doughty's Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, so I quickly put a library hold on her audiobook Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Caitlin reads it herself, which I love, and it is a question-answer format produced solely from the questions she receives from children because we all know kids will ask anything. And boy are there some doozies in this book. It is, in equal measures, fascinating and gruesome. Caitlin doesn't tiptoe around the realities of death and I really kind of love her for it. 

Since I listened to this mostly while riding my bike, I wasn't able to take notes and copy down my favorite quotes, but I will say that I laughed out loud on numerous occasions, as well as audibly squealing, "Ewww...gross!" more than once or twice. I totally recommend adding this one to your list, and if your kids are brave and you aren't too squeemish, it would be an awesome audiobook for your next family road trip. Lots of fun conversations! 

No comments: