Sunday, January 27, 2019

Winter by Marissa Meyer


Finally, I was able to finish The Lunar Chronicles with Winter by Marissa Meyer and it was wonderful! Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and the rest of the crew have made their way to Luna and they have more plans than they can count. Winter must be rescued, Levana must be dethroned, and a wedding must be stopped. This book is full of twists, turns, and excitement, captures and rescues, defeats and victories.

At 824 pages, this book is full. I have read complaints that it was too long and needed better editing, but I don't agree. The pace was always just right, not rushed and it never dragged. The only concern I had was that I wanted to read faster to find out what would happen. I was quite surprised about how much I really liked this series. It was a wonderful new take on fairy tales that we all know so well without sticking too closely to the stories and being predictable. There was a little romance, but not too much that I will feel awkward sharing it with my eleven-year-old daughter. And the "princes" in the tales were saved by the "princesses" at least as often as the other way around. I don't read much YA these days because I just haven't found any that could hold my interest, but this series was wonderful. I hope you'll read it.

No comments: