Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 Year in Review



I can hardly believe that 2018 is finished!
Here is a list of all the books I read this year:

1. The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
2. Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
3. The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen
4. When We Meet Again by Kristin Harmel
5. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
6. Not That I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser
7. Evelyn, After by Victoria Helen Stone
8. Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
9. The Party by Robin Harding
10. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfferer
11. The Coincidence Makers by Yoav Blum
12. The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello
13. The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
14. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
15. Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman
16. Relativity by Antonia Hayes
17. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
18. The Immoralists by Chloe Benjamin
19. America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie
20. The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
21. Dear Rachel Maddow by Adrienne Kisner
22. Every Note Played by Lisa Genova
23. A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy
24. Suicide Club by Rachel Heng
25. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
26. The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
27. The Best of Us by Joyce Maynard
28. Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
29. Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh
30. Good as Gone by Amy Gentry
31. A Lady in the Smoke by Karen Odden
32. The Night Before by Wendy Walker
33. I Work at a Public Library by Gina Sheridan
34. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
35. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
36. How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
37. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
38. The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell
39. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
40. Hazards of Time Travel by Joyce Carol Oates
41. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

That is a respectable list, though I did fall ONE BOOK SHORT of my Goodreads reading goal. I really wish I had been able to squeeze in that last book, but I just didn't make it. Still, I read some really wonderful books. My top three most recommended books this year are:


and



I highly recommend any of these three books as a great way to start your 2019 if you haven't already. What were your most recommended books for 2018?

Have you set your Goodreads goal for the year? I think I'll aim for 40 and see how it goes since life has gotten a little busier for me in the last few months.

Here is to a Happy New Year and may it be filled with love, peace, and good books!


No comments: