Saturday, January 23, 2021

No Offense by Meg Cabot


Sometimes you start a book and you can tell right away it is not worth your time. It's not well written or the characters are terrible people you can't possibly invest the time in to see if they will have any kind of redemption at all. That was what happened to me a week ago and I find that a bad book can sometimes sour me for reading for a little bit. Fortunately, I the picked up Meg Cabot's No Offense and it was like a breath of fresh air!

Molly Montgomery is the new children's librarian on Little Bridge, a small island in the Florida Keys. She is still smarting from a difficult break up and obsessed with true crime shows on TV when a real mystery drops into her lap, er, library. As she gets to know the sheriff, with whom she butts heads on more than one occasion, she tries to solve the crime and also uncover a little romance as well.

I don't normally read cheesy romance, but when the time is right, it's right. This light, fluffy, sweet novel was exactly what I needed to get the yucky taste of that DNF out of my mouth while also serving as a distraction from the world. It was also very good writing with darling characters. This was cute and would make for perfect vacation reading.

 

No comments: