Friday, March 8, 2019

2019 Tucson Festival of Books


Last weekend I got to spend two days running from author event to author event, adding dozens of books to my TBR list, and basking in the glow of thousands of fellow book nerds. The Tucson Festival of Books is one of the Top 5 book festivals in the U.S. and it is easy to see why. The festival organizers were expecting 140,000 people to visit the University of Arizona campus and take part in the event. There were science tents, children's tents, cooking demonstrations, and more books to buy than you can imagine. There were Children's authors, Young Adult authors, and authors from every fiction and non-fiction genre you can name.

I was especially excited to see Elizabeth Berg, author of The Story of Arthur Truluv and Night of Miracles. I was even selected to ask her a question! ("Are we going to get a book of Lucille's recipes?" She gave me a strong "maybe." I'll take it.) I also got to see Kate Quinn, author of The Alice Network and hear about newly released book The Huntress. Other than those two, I mostly chose sessions to attend that sounded like the topics might be interesting and then of course, I discovered authors I wanted to read. Here is a list of all the books I am adding to my TBR list:

The Mere Wife by Maria Dahvana Headley
She Would Be King by Wayetu Moore
Gross Anatomy by Mara Altman
Okay Fine Whatever by Courtenay Hameister
Sustainability: A Love Story by Nicole Walker
Lost Connections by Johann Hari
Kitchen Yarns by Ann Hood
The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
The Age of Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff
The Age of Wonder by Richard Holmes
Sum by David Eagleman
The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson
Read or Die by Daphne Russell
Virgil Wander by Lief Enger
The Confession Club by Elizabeth Berg

Whoa! That's a lot to read! I'm really excited about these books and a book festival is a great place to freshen up your reading. Off to read! See you soon!




No comments: