Saturday, July 28, 2018

What I've Heard- Life After Life



When I read Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, I really loved it. As I said in my first review, it is quite complex and not an easy read, but well worth the effort. The audio version does not disappoint, but I would warn listeners that as complicated as the book is, the audio is no easier. At least while reading the book there are blank spaces between sections that denote a change in timeline or a flashback of some kind. The audio does not afford such space. I always say that I only (nearly only) listen to audiobooks I've already read so that I don't lose the thread and wind up confused about the plot or characters. In this instance, I would say that was doubly more important. I must caution audiobook enthusiasts against this audio version without first reading the printed version. I think reading it will just make it more clear and more enjoyable for you.

No comments: