Saturday, March 25, 2017

My Name's Lyman by Lily-Marie Taylor


Have you ever wondered how your life might have turned out differently? In My Name's Lyman by Lily-Marie Taylor we get to see all the different paths one man's life could have taken. Was he a war hero or a casualty of war? Is he homeless or famous? Each chapter is a different version of Lyman's life and we get to see how one decision can make all the difference in one's fate.

For most of this book, I was intrigued. I was so curious to see what would cause the next twist in his life line. None of his lives were perfect, which I thought made for good writing. No matter the different directions his life takes, he is still subject to the decisions of the people around him. Then, the last two chapters were just too sad, too disappointing. I have said before that I don't need "happily ever after", but to end on such sour notes just about ruined the book for me. It was interesting. You may like it, or even love it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: