Sunday, January 24, 2016

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North- Reread


There are so many good books out there that I rarely get to a reread. I always say I'm going to reread, but I just never seem to find the time when I have so many books stacked here and there demanding my attention. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North, however, is a different story, pun intended. You can read about my first experience with this wonderful book here. It was only a year-and-a-half ago, so it may seem a little early for a reread, but I didn't think so. This past December I gifted this book to a dear friend for her birthday. When she had time to get to it, I wanted to read along with her so that we could discuss it when she finished. When she told me she was going to read it right away, I knew I had to get started as well.

So, how does this book hold up on a reread? It was everything I remembered. I just hate it when I find a book I love, I pass it on to everyone I know and then I discover upon rereading that it wasn't really as good as I thought it was. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August was NOT like that. It was still fascinating and captivating and I have now added it to my required reading list. I will continue to recommend this book to anyone who asks. Actually, have you read it yet??

No comments: