Monday, April 7, 2014

Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen


Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen was published just a little over two months ago and it was very popular on the reserve list at our library.  I think I was number 368 on the wait list!  Ms. Quindlen is the author of fifteen books, but this is the first of hers that I have read.  Still Life with Bread Crumbs features Rebecca Winter, a sixty-year-old woman struggling with her stagnant photography career, frustrations over a years-ago divorce, aging parents, and a financial situation that is less than ideal.  Rebecca rents a cottage in the woods while leasing out her expensive Manhattan apartment.  While hiking the woods, she discovers small wooden crosses that become the subject of her next project.  She also becomes involved with the people she meets in this small town.

I have to say that this isn't exactly my kind of book.  I would categorize this as chick-lit, though others may take issue with that.  A book about an older, unhappy woman attempting to "get her groove back" is just not interesting enough for me.  Am I wrong?  Did I miss something?  Tell me about it.  I would love to hear your opinions.

No comments: