Friday, May 3, 2013

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore


I love it when a book grabs me as a reader and won't let go.  This month's book club selection did just that.  The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat  by Edward Kelsey Moore follows Odette, Barbara Jean and Clarice over four decades of friendship.  They weather all their storms together- cheating husbands, the loss of a child, cancer and crazy fake fortune tellers.  These are friends every woman wishes to have.  "We overlooked each other's flaws and treated each other well, even when we didn't deserve it."

I laughed my way through this book and as usual, I cried a little, too.  This was a very quick read, it took me only four evenings to finish.  I wish I could tell you more, but I'm afraid if I were to start, I wouldn't be able to stop myself!  I can't recommend this book enough.  I will be shocked it we aren't hearing very soon about a film version in production.  It is really wonderful.

No comments: