Monday, June 17, 2024

At the Coffee Shop of Curiosities by Heather Webber


I am slowly making my way through some recent BookTok recommendations and this week it was At the Coffee Shop of Curiosities by Heather Webber. Ava is sent from her sheltered homelife in Ohio to a small town on the Alabama coast. Sent by whom? Well, that's the question. An anonymous letter arrives in the mail and the only person Ava can think may have sent it is... no longer with us. Desperate for a change in her life, she decides to follow it. What she discovers is a darling little town full of interesting characters, some of whom may or may not have some sort of magic about them.

I love a little magical realism, and this was very sweet. The writing was a little light and the plot wasn't intellectually challenging, but sometimes that's just what you need. I liked this book and I'd be willing to read more from Webber. Pick it up if you're looking for a light summer story.

 

No comments: