Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid


The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid features Evelyn, an old-Hollywood movie star who is finally ready to tell her life's story. She summons Monique, an unknown reporter from a local magazine, to her lavish New York apartment and offers up all of her juiciest secrets with the understanding that they will only be published after her death. With seven husbands, there are plenty of stories to tell and Monique can't believe her luck. Once Ms. Hugo begins, she won't stop until it is all told.

This is one of the best books I've read in a very long time. Reid is a masterful storyteller with fantastic pacing and excellent character development. Just like everyone else in Evelyn's life, I quickly fell in love with her spirit, her drive, and her love for the family she created for herself. Seven husbands is certainly a lot, and not all of them were good, but there was a lot of love and affection in her life.

This book wasn't at all what I expected, but it was so much better than I could have hoped. I have heard that the audio version is fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Long library waits usually mean good things!

 

No comments: