Monday, June 29, 2020

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

I just couldn't get in to Rebecca Serle's The Dinner List, so I was a bit skeptical when I heard about her new book In Five Years. The premise, however, was intriguing enough to pique my interest. Dannie is a super Type-A corporate lawyer with a very firm five year plan: get a job at her dream firm in New York City, marry her boyfriend, buy the perfect apartment. Just as everything looks as if it is going according to plan, Dannie has a vision, a premonition of her life five years in the future and it doesn't look at all like what she expected. Thrown off by what she knows wasn't a dream, she has a hard time committing to her future and then hopes to find a way to make it not come true at all. Dannie's best friend Bella is her pure opposite- carefree and full of spontaneity. They are there for one another through everything.

I loved this book so much that I read most of it in a single afternoon. I will warn you it is a bit of a tear jerker, but if you've been here for a while you know that is a fairly low bar for me. I'm a giant crybaby. This is exactly my favorite kind of love story. I really want to tell you more, but I don't want to ruin it. Read it yourself and I think you'll understand. I hope you love it, too.

*This Advanced Reader Copy was provided to me by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for and honest review.*

No comments: