Saturday, June 24, 2017

What I've Heard- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend


Last year I read and LOVED The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald. This week I listened to the audio version and I really enjoyed it as well. The main narrator, Fiona Hardingham, speaks with a British accent but switches to a Swedish accent when voicing Sara who is from Sweden. I enjoyed these two alternating voices, but I was less enamored with the accent of the people living in the small town of Broken Wheel, Iowa. It was hard to tell if this was due to the narrator's own accent or if perhaps this is what people from small town Iowa sound like. Either way it was a very small detraction from an otherwise extremely enjoyable listen. If you still haven't read this book, don't wait any longer. It is just lovely. 

No comments: